Greetings (please forgive me - I'm well past my coffee buzz)

I'm trying to implement the django-tagging app.  My "links" app has a
tags field.
As a CharField, there's no problem. When I changed it to get the
sexier ManyToManyField it got weird. The tags appear and transfer
between fields (in admin view) and save in the link like they should,
but they do not appear in the tagging "tagged items" table - only in
the link (in admin view). I humbly beg for assistance.  (yes, I'm a
noob... I know)

Here's a piece of the Link.model:
from tagging.models import Tag

class Link(models.Model):

    url = models.URLField(verify_exists=False)
    title = models.CharField(maxlength=512)
    tags = models.ManyToManyField(Tag,
filter_interface=models.HORIZONTAL)

    def save(self):
        super(Link, self).save()
        self.tags = self.tag_list

    def _get_tags(self):
        return Tag.objects.get_for_object(self)

    def _set_tags(self, tags):
        Tag.objects.update_tags(self, tag_list)

    tag_list = property(_get_tags, _set_tags)

    def __str__(self):
        return self.title

    def get_absolute_url(self):
        return self.url