I am using Django stable (0.96).

When I use form_for_model on a model that includes CharFields that
have choices attributes, the resulting form field is not a ChoiceField
as specified in the documentation. Is this simply a bug in 0.96?

Also, if I wish to return a different field type, not based on the
model field type, but by the name of the model property, is that
possible using formfield_callback?

I'm debating just writing my own form class instead so all of my
exceptions to the norm are explicitly advertised in the resulting
class. If I do so, is there a simple way to tie the form attributes to
the corresponding model? I've been doing this...

thing = MyModel.objects.filter(id=id)
params = thing.__dict__
del params['id']
form = MyForm(params)

Seems like a hack, but I'm finding it difficult to customize the
resulting form returned from the form_for_model call. Perhaps I've
missed some flexibility here.

Thanks,
Mike