On Oct 16, 6:38 pm, Carlos Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am having trouble with Django revision 6110 patched with multi-
> db-6110.patch.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<console>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/models/
> query.py", line 108, in __repr__
>     return repr(self._get_data())
>   File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/models/
> query.py", line 484, in _get_data
>     self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
>   File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/backends/
> oracle/base.py", line 119, in iterator
>     cursor.execute(full_query, params)
>   File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/backends/
> util.py", line 19, in execute
>     return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
> ProgrammingError: relation "ttsd_schools" does not exist
>
> The problem seems to be in django/db/backends/oracle/base.py on line
> 92:
>
>   from django.db import connection
>
> which is later used to get the cursor.  This seems to bypass the use
> of the database settings in OTHER_DATABASES.  I would expect to use
> connections from django.db rather than connection:
>
>   # Create a manager for named connections
>   connections = LazyConnectionManager()
>
>   # Backwards compatibility: establish the default connection and set
> the
>   # default connection properties at module level, using the lazy
> proxy so that
>   # each thread may have a different default connection, if so
> configured
>   connection_info = LocalizingProxy('connection_info', _local,
>                                     lambda: connections[_default])
>   connection = LocalizingProxy('connection', _local,
>                                lambda:
> connections[_default].connection)
>
> But I don't see how to get the named connection in oracle/base.py.
>
> If that is clear, I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Carlos Hanson

I don't know anything about the multi-db branch, but I imagine that
whatever QuerySet does to get the correct connection should work in
OracleQuerySet as well.

Note the mere existence of OracleQuerySet will still be problematic in
multi-db environments that mix Oracle databases with non-Oracle
databases, since OracleQuerySet replaces QuerySet entirely when Oracle
is used.  However, OracleQuerySet is a hack that will be going away
after the QuerySet refactor, which solves both problems in the long
run.

Ian