On Oct 17, 1:52 pm, jacoberg2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to create a checkbox form so that the user can delete a
> large number of
> registrations at once. I am wondering how I should set up the view in
> order to deal with
> the incoming data. Any suggestions?

The template can generate its own HTML easily enough without using a
forms.Form, e.g.

  <form action="/deletethingies/" method="post">
    {% for t in thingylist %}
      <input type="checkbox" name="thingies" value="{{ t.id|
escape }}" />
      {{ t.longname|escape }}<br/>
    {% endfor %}
  </form>

Then, when you're processing the POST form data, it's absolutely vital
that you call the POST.getlist('thingies') method rather than just
dereferencing POST['thingies'] !

  if httpreq.POST.has_key('thingies'):
    selectedthingies = httpreq.POST.getlist('thingies')

I struggled with that for quite a while when I made my first checkbox
form in Django; I was expecting a list or tuple to be right there in
the POST for me to grab directly.  But nope, you gotta use the
getlist() method.