On 10/20/07, Ariel Mauricio Nunez Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Malcolm,
>
> I just use it to load data for a single model that does not have any
> relation to others.
>
> I generate the data.json with a script but I don't (know)/(want to set) the
> pk keys in advance.
>
> Should I modify loaddata to look for the last pk at the start and fill the
> gaps?

Feel free to make this modification to your own Django install.
However such a change would not be accepted for inclusion in the
Django trunk. Django serialized data _must_ be able to include
references to other instances.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to the idea you are suggesting -
however, any proposal to change the serializers to accomodate loading
data without specifying PK's will need to provide a solution to the
general problem, not just a "it works as long as you don't reference
other instances" solution.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)