I'm in the process to relaunch a django site. I build a dozen test
(finally!) for it and work correctly before.

I update django to changeset 6601 and get a lot of errors. I fix
almost all of them except this:

    self.assertContains(self.response,u'Buscar:')
  File "D:\Programacion\Python\Python24\lib\site-packages\django\test
\testcases.py", line 111, in assertContains
    real_count = response.content.count(text)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
162: ordinal not in range(128)

I must note that:

settings.py have:

LANGUAGE_CODE = 'es-CO'
FILE_CHARSET = 'iso-8859-1' //with utf-8 I get a lot more

I check that all the html files are encoded as utf-8 (I'm using the
komodo editor for this), and the site work fine when I browse it.

Only running the test fail.

The string with problems is:

"Búsqueda"

I don't know what todo to fix the root cause of this. Of course I can
html encode all the strings, but then what is the point of having
unicode?