Hi,
I have a weird problem where I think memcached or caching in general
might be the cause. I discovered it during testing the site with
http_load. After a certain amount of fetches, or hits, to the server,
the site does not respond normally. It takes 30 seconds or so. Strange
thing is: Only for cached pages. Non cached pages still load fast
afterwards.
When I do the test on a not cached page it is normal, too. No
problems. But on cached page it seems the site is somehow off track.
Only fix is to do apache reload.
The problem is not only with http_test, but after some hours of
traffic, too! Seems like the cache thinks "That's enough for today",
until you reload apache.
Strange problem, maybe I did something wrong somewhere. Any ideas?
Help would be appreciated. Thanks.