Let's say I have two classes:

class Account(models.Model):
    current_balance = models.DecimalField(max_digits=12,
decimal_places=2)

class Transaction(models.Model):
    account = models.ForeignKey(Account)
    amount = models.DecimalField(max_digits=12, decimal_places=2)

When a new transaction is entered, I would like to add the Transaction
amount to the current_balance of the related Account.

So I tried to define a save method:

class Transaction(models.Model):
    def save(self):
        self.account.current_balance =  self.account.current_balance +
self.amount
        super(Transaction, self).save()

This does not work. How do I access the 'current_balance' property of
the related 'Account' instance? Is there a better way to do this?

thanks in advance,
-cjl