I have experimented both with the subject and the message. They both
expose the same problem when the name contains non-ascii chars.

As a hack, I started using the slug field instead of the name field
both in the message template and the subject and it works fine, but
the problem is still there.

Btw, there is not much about the template:

New tag: {{ tag.name }}
Manage: http://haberrobotu.com/admin/tagging/tag/{{ tag.id }}/

Thanks...