I'm using Django-0.96.1 deployed on apache/mod_fastcgi and sometimes I
see strange result of handling HTTP errors by flup 0.5.
I started investigating the problem when I saw my app *never* returns
any 404 nor 500 response, but the error log is full of tracebacks. In
the code I often throw Http404 exception (either directly or as a
result of get_object_or_404), but the response is always 200 OK. I
found that the response content is the same as static page supposed to
be returned by flup's own error middleware but in flup docs I found
that such page would be returned only when this middleware is in use
*and* the error/exception is not handled by the application. I cann't
find any way of turning this "feature" off.

Can anybody give any hint as to how to get rid of this "helper"?

Cheers
Jarek Zgoda