On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 16:52 -0500, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm having the following problem while testing. I'm writing a unit test
> for a file upload (using newforms). This works. However, the file gets
> written to the same media directory as is used in normal work. I'd prefer
> this happened somewhere where it would have no impact on normal
> functioning, possibly /tmp. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do?
> One workaround would be to redefine the media directory in the tests
> themselves, if I can figure out how to do that...

The "normal" would be to have a settings file that is used specifically
for testing. You can put "from normal_settings import *" at the top and
then just override the settings you need to.

It's not always going to be the case that you development, production
and testing settings are identical. So take advantage of the fact you
can have multiple settings files.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/