Thanks for posting the example links.

Is there any documentation on "save_file" and what each field actually
is for this method?  I was using some random numbers in the folder
creation and wanted to make sure the folders exist before I save the
file.

Also, is there a big reason to override this vs the _save_FIELD_file
method as shown in this example:
http://gulopine.gamemusic.org/2007/11/customizing-filenames-without-patching.html

Regards,
Peter