On Nov 15, 2007 1:04 PM, Joel Hooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My users are cutting and pasting descriptions from Word, and this
> causes HTTP 500 errors with Django AMF (but not Django more broadly.)
> This textbox that I am typing in here on groups.google.com won't allow
> me to paste the offending characters at all. Is there a way to force
> the textbox in the Django admin change form to be whatever kind of box
> this is as to disallow users from breaking the system with bad
> characters? Alternatively, can I strip the bad characters somehow when
> they hit save?

I don't quite understand what you mean in saying that some characters
aren't accepted.  Are you familiar with character sets and encoding?
If not, this may help:

http://www.intertwingly.net/stories/2004/04/14/i18n.html

It sounds like DjangoAMF isn't handling your encoding; perhaps this is
a bug in DjangoAMF, or perhaps you are telling DjangoAMF the wrong
thing?