I'm using 0.96 and find django's templates very frustrating.  While I
find the ability to pass Python objects to the template and accessing
object attributes or methods to be really nice, this feature does not
extend to basic python objects like lists and dicts.  For instance, I
cant pass a dict or a list of lists to the template.  Basically, I
have to flatten everything out before passing them to the template.
And, this is next to impossible if I have a dynamic number of objects
to pass.

I've resorted to rendering the entire page in Python.  I'd like to
hear other strategies people use to get around problems like this.
You have all this powerful Python machinery only to be stymied by
django's templates because it doesn't reflect the kinds of complex
structures one can construct with Python.