On Nov 21, 5:24 am, Brot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I expand the models.py in the django internal apps like auth, session,
> contenttypes,
> sites,..http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model-api/#db-tablespace
>
> This worked for me, but It's only a workaround.
> I created a ticket, because I think it would be great to have the
> possibility to define a default tablespace for tables and indexes in
> settings.pyhttp://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6007
>
> Bernd

Bernd,

I agree that a default tablespace setting would be useful.  This has
come up before [1], and the workarounds that were suggested then were
to set a default tablespace for the Oracle user, or to massage the
output of "manage.py sqlall" by hand (which will probably be necessary
anyway in any Oracle production deployment).  You may find one of
those to be a cleaner solution than patching the provided apps.

Thanks for bringing this up again, by the way.  It will give me
something to work on at the upcoming sprint. :-)

Ian

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/32d9d02ab0d13231/442f69bd72f75853