There are two issues.

1) you can't change the auth_user table/class. There are different
ways to "extend" the auth_user class. The "B-List" site has some
article on how you may do it. http://www.b-list.org/

I have my own "user" class that is one-to-one implemented as "many-to-
one" back to the auth_user, which I store all application related user
data.

2) You need a logical many-to-many relationship between your products
and users. However you may want to consider using an intermediate
cross reference class/table as well, as you may need to store other
data relating to the relationship, like when the "fav" was added,
ranking information, etc etc.

P.K.