Hi all,

for the project I'm working on I needed to create a custom template tag,
call it 'mytag'.

If I use it as {% mytag something %} everything goes fine (where
'something' is a string passed to the template).
However I can't add any filters to that 'something'. As soon as I do:
{% mytag something|upper %}
I get an exception:
        VariableDoesNotExist at /test/
        Failed lookup for key [something|upper]

That leads to a code in MytagNode.render() method:
        actual_message = resolve_variable(self.message, context)
where self.message is the argument passed to the macro, in this case
it's a string 'something|upper'.

Is there an easy way to run all the attached filters in MytagNode?

Thanks!

Michal