erikankrom wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting the latest django svn, and svn unmodified
> versions of both coltrane (http://code.google.com/p/coltrane-blog/)
> and basic blog (http://code.google.com/p/django-basic-blog/) to import
> correctly with django-tagging (http://code.google.com/p/django-
> tagging/).  Both have dependencies on django-tagging and are hanging
> up on the following error from that code:
>
> The ONLY thing I did change was in basic blog models.py:
> get_absolute_url = permalink(get_absolute_url)
> to make it python 2.3 compatible
> and maxlength= to max_length= for incompatibility with latest SVN
>
> My settings installed apps:
> INSTALLED_APPS = (
>     'django.contrib.admin',
>     'django.contrib.auth',
>     'django.contrib.contenttypes',
>     'django.contrib.sessions',
>     'django.contrib.sites',
>     'django.contrib.flatpages',
>     'django.contrib.comments',
>     'django.contrib.markup',
>     'myproject.template_utils',
>     'myproject.comment_utils',
>     'myproject.tagging',
>     'myproject.blog',
> #    'myproject.coltrane',
> )
>
> The error when loading www.site.com/admin:
>
> File "/home/username/django_projects/myproject/tagging/models.py" in ?
>   8. from tagging.managers import TagManager, TaggedItemManager
>
> Exception Type: ImportError at /admin/
> Exception Value: No module named tagging.managers
>
> All the syntax looks correct to me, but I am also fairly new to
> django, so any help is appreciated.  This is a pretty bare bones
> installation so far.  If I comment out blog or coltrane, admin loads
> just fine, no errors.  syncdb works fine as well, even with tagging
> and blog uncommented.

The tagging application needs to be on your PYTHONPATH (i.e. the
'tagging' folder should be sitting on the same level as your 'myproject'
directory or in any other directory which is on your PYTHONPATH), that's
why the docs specify that you need to check the 'tagging' folder out to
somewhere on your PYTHONPATH and have 'tagging' in your INSTALLED_APPS.

Another option could be to also add your 'myproject' directory to the
PYTHONPATH, so when any application tries to import from the 'tagging'
module, it will be found.

If you're finding the whole application/project thing confusing, these
articles may be useful :)

http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/2007/11/09/django-tip-developing-without-projects/
http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2007/nov/09/projects/

Regards,