On Dec 10, 2007 2:43 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Or perhaps I'm reading into this too much. If I distribute the .pyc
> files minus the .py files, would that work? Is this machine-
> independent (IE: I "compile" the source on an x86, it'll be ok on a 64-
> bit or other architecture?)

Anyone who *really* wanted to get at your code could do a decent job
of disassembling the .pyc files, there's not a lot going on in those.
In fact, I believe there used to be a commercial service that would
take .pyc files, and automatically convert them to .py

And if I recall correctly, .pyc files are version dependent, machine
independent, but don't quote me on that :)