How would I "run it prefork"? Sorry to be a dunce - I'm a bit new to
this!
I checked the logs, nothing in the error logs since I made a couple of
changes, thus:

fastcgi.server = (
    "/mysite.fcgi" => (
        "main" => (
            # Use host / port instead of socket for TCP fastcgi
           "bin-path" => "/home/myuser_stage/mysite_project/www/mysite.fcgi",
                   "socket" => "/home/myuser_stage/mysite_project/www/
mysite.sock",
                   "check-local" => "disable",
        )
    ),