On Dec 19, 2007 11:28 AM, Jiri Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My question is still the same though; is this the right way to work
> with ImageField (FileField)? I still feel this is awkward. One has to
> call methods on the model instead methods on the field to update it.

Currently, that is indeed the recommended course of action. I'm
working on a consider patch[1] to how FileField operates, which
addresses these (and many other) concerns. It's progressing nicely,
but I make no guarantees about when it will end up in Django proper.
Until then, you'll have to continue using save_FOO_file() as
documented.

-Gul

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/5361