On Dec 20, 2007 1:06 AM, pug2694328 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, when delving into tutorials they keep referring to the
> subversion version of Django.

As someone already pointed out, docs for 0.96 are avaiable on the website.

> How do I uninstall all versions of Django on my Ubuntu Linux box?
> How do I then install the subversion version and keep it updated?

Uninstalling a package in Ubuntu can be made with the following
command on a terminal:
sudo apt-get remove package_name

I believe instructions for the subversion installation are avaiable on
the Django website. You might need to install the "subversion" package
in Ubuntu, and it should be enough. If you still have problems, write
back.

FWIW, I am running the development server from Django SVN on Ubuntu
Feisty (7.04). Everything works fine and I only had to install by hand
Django itself. Other dependencies (such as Python, MySQL and MySQLdb)
I got from Ubuntu's repositories. I use MySQL, so I haven't checked
the versions for PostgreSQL, but they should be fine too.

Hope it helps,
Eduardo "IdNotFound"