On 12/25/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> using ModelForm for an ImageField, and following the documentation, I
> find that all the other data gets transferred to the form except the
> filename. The form loads with an error on the file input: 'this field
> is required'.
>
> I get the instance = Photo.objects.get(pk=id)
> and
> form = Photoform(instance=instance)

I believe this is a bug that only applies to change forms.
form_for_instance was doing something that made the file field *not*
required if initial data was supplied. ModelForm doesn't yet. I know a
couple of people are working on it but they won't get to it any time
this week. You may want to file a ticket if one doesn't already exist.

Joseph