On Dec 28, 2007 2:35 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For a friend / social network, what would be the best model approach ?
>
> have a many-to-many asymmetrical recursive relationship ?
>
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/models/m2m_recursive/
>
> Or should i have a separate friend model with a friend_from and
> friend_to referencing the User model ?

I think you need to take a closer look at those examples - especially
the consequences of the 'symmetrical=False' argument on the 'idols'
attribute of the 'Person' model.

> Also, how do you pass hidden fields to a django form ?

If you're using newforms, a hidden field is just a normal field using
the HiddenInput widget. There are no differences in the way you pass
data in to the form.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)