Hi,
I have developped a small django app and I like it a lot.
I have tested it on a local setup using  "manage.py runserver" on a
custom port.

Now I wanted to move this to our apache2 based web site and got my sys
admin convinced to install mod_python and I got a httpd.conf like
this:
<Location /subDir/djangoApp>
.....  django settings .....
</Location>

Problem of course now is that all django request URLs now start with
/subDir/djangoApp

What should I do ?

So far I have messed with urls.py.  But that looks ugly !

Is it possible to get the "/subDir/djangoApp" prefix removed from the
URL before the rest of django handles the URLs !?

The idea would be along the lines of a what the moinmoin Wiki  calls a
non-root moinmoin installation;  read this:
http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheWithModPython#head-2dba68d0d0ad069f1c4a2a46bcdbd07cb21d3887
(http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheWithModPython  --> Solving
problems for non-root-mounted wikis )
They use a special