Hi, Josh. I'm on a (dv) server, too.

You're right that it's a vhost.conf file that you need to edit. If you
edit the httpd.conf or httpd.include, it'll be overwritten by Plesk
next time you change settings in Plesk or when (mt) runs periodic
server updates.

Create a file called vhost.conf in /var/www/vhosts/YOURDOMAIN.COM/
conf/ (There should already a file called httpd.include in this
folder). After that, I had to resave my domain settings in Plesk to
get Plesk to recognize my vhost file. Alternatively, you can add this
line before the </VirtualHost> line in your httpd.include file:

Include /var/www/vhosts/YOURDOMAIN.COM/conf/vhost.conf

Then all your settings get added to vhost.conf. My file looks
something like:

SetHandler python-program
AddHandler mod_python .py

PythonPath "['/path/to/django'] + sys.path"
PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE myproject.settings
PythonDebug Off

<Location "/admin-media">
        SetHandler None
</Location>

Also, if you ever want to set up django for a subdomain, create a
vhost.conf file in /var/www/vhosts/YOURDOMAIN.COM/subdomains/SUBDOMAIN/
conf/