Hey,

My ongoing quest to get a basic app working will hopefully be answered
by this question :)

I have the following model.py file:

File: model.py
==================================

from django.db import models
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

class Song(models.Model):
        title = models.CharField(maxlength=500)

        # return title of game
        def __str__(self):
                return self.title

class User Song(models.Model):
        # Link to user and song
        user = models.ForeignKey(User)
        song = models.ForeignKey(Song)

==================================

In my views.py file I have a function that displays all songs:

File: views.py
==================================

...import calls...

def song(request):

        song_listing = []
        for song_list in Song.objects.all():
                song_dict = {}
                song_dict['list_object'] = song_list
                song_listing.append(song_dict)
        return render_to_response('song/song.html', { song_listing':
song_listing }, context_instance=RequestContext(request))

==================================

That prints out all of the songs in the database using the song/
song.html template which works perfectly.

Now I want to be able to print ONLY the songs a user has added to
their profile. This is done using a separate function, but the models
have been setup (I believe) correctly to link the two (Song and User).

This is where I am struggling - how do I perform a function in my
views.py file that only gets the names of the songs a user has added?
I've been looking for some real examples of Django doing this and I
can't find anything, anyone got any advice?

Cheers,
Chris