Michael Hipp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm hoping to rework my website into Django, but am having trouble at my
> shared hosting provider (HostMonster).
>
> They don't support mod_python, so Hostmonster said to add this to .htaccess
> for FastCGI:
>
>    AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
>
> I did that and my html sites still work, but when I add the recommendations
> from Django my html sites don't work and neither does my fledgling Django
> site.
>
>    AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
>    RewriteEngine On
>    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ mysite.fcgi/$1 [QSA,L]
>
> I also did the mysite.fcgi file. My Django site just returns blank pages. The
> html sites get an 'Internal Server Error'.

Thanks to help from this list the Django site is now funcitonal. But the
  old html sites still return Internal Server Errors.  Here's what in
the logs:

[Mon Jan 07 23:28:15 2008] [error] [client 75.116.4.1] Request exceeded
the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error.
Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use
'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

I assume this is a function of the .htaccess file. How do I get it to
route around django for the html sites?

Thanks,
Michael