Hello,
I developed an AWESOME django website and everything works great
except for one MAJOR problem!!

I have the following models:

class Collection(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField("Name", maxlength=200)
    description = models.TextField(maxlength=1000, blank=True)

class Choice(models.Model):
    choice = models.ForeignKey(Collection, edit_inline=models.TABULAR,
num_in_admin=5)
    size = models.ForeignKey(Size, core=True)
    price = models.ForeignKey(Price, core=True)

class Style(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(maxlength=200, core=True)
    color = models.CharField(maxlength=100)
    collection = models.ForeignKey(Collection,
edit_inline=models.TABULAR, num_in_admin=1)
    sandp = models.ManyToManyField(Choice)

//

I have my admin setup to where when I'm viewing a collection I can add
Choice and Style records.  When I first started adding records to my
db everything was fine.  I was able to use some JavaScript to only
show Choice records that were associated with the Collection for each
Style.  I had to do this because there is now way (that I know of) to
limit which Choices to appear in my Style sandp field.  I tried to use
the limit_choices_to attribute however it has no way of knowing which
Collection I was currently editing.  So I used JavaScript and AJAX to
only show the Choice objects that are tied to the Collection that I'm
currently editing.  However, what I've come to find out is that this
isn't the most effiecient way to do this, because as the more Choice
and Style records I add the longer it takes my JavaScript to run.

For an example let's say I have a 1000 Choice records.  And let's say
I have 100 Style records under a collection.  So whenever I go to
modify this collection (in the admin) each Style has to pull in 1000
Choice records in it's sandp field and then filter out the ones that
are not tied to the current Collection.  We'll if I have 100 Styles
for a collection then it has to do that 100 times and that creates a
problem when trying to load a collection page.

I was reading the following Django Google thead and was wondering if
this might be the solution:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/15cbc8a7205ed92e/481afde9d882b76f?lnk=gst&q=limit_choices_to#481afde9d882b76f

Could I create a new view that gets called whenever a collection page
in my admin gets called?  And within that view would I be able to
return only the Choice records that are tied to that collection?  Is
this possible and does this seem like the best way to solve my
problem?

Thanks