> I have a view that will generate a pdf based on one of my objects.
> I'd like to have a link to this view from the admin interface.
> The only way I know to accomplish this is to modify the admin template,
> and display a link based on the name of the model, as determined by the
> template logic.
> Is this the best way to do this? or is there a cleaner way?

Well, if you define a get_absolute_url() method on your model,
according to

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model-api/#get-absolute-url

it will add a link to the admin page for you.  However, this
makes a bit of a grating abuse of the system, as it is _supposed_
to be the URL for this object.

-tim