I'm trying to install Django on a host. The host has Python 2.4, but
some site-packages I need are missing.
I FTP'd ez_setup.py to my public_ftp/incoming directory and ran it

Using SSH I can see that /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages now contains
a directory
setuptools-0.6c7-py2.4.egg
  which in turn contains easy_install.py with permissions 755

I run 'python easy_install.py' and get
'easy_install.py'  No such file or directory

I open a python shell, do 'import sys' and 'print sys.path' and get
['',  '/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c7-
py2.4.egg', ...

So the directory is in the path, the file is in the directory, the
permissions are 755 and yet
"No such file or directory"

Can someone explain?
Karl