Hi,

I'm trying to insert a simple date (2002-01-12) from a form I have
created into a DateField but I keep getting this error:

'str' object has no attribute 'strftime'

This is how the DateField is setup in my models.py file:

birthday = models.DateField(blank=True)

This is how I am trying to write to this field:

_dob = request.POST['dob']
user_profile =
UserProfile(user_id=user.id,gender=_gender,birthday=_dob,living=_location)
user_profile.save()

In my form I am writing the date like this:

2002-01-12

Any ideas? Seems like a basic thing, but can't find a solution
anywhere.

Cheers,
Chris