Hi all,

I'm trying out the Django development version and have been going
through the tutorial, but the models aren't creating foreign keys.

When I run 'python manage.py sql polls' I get:

BEGIN;
CREATE TABLE `polls_poll` (
    `id` integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    `question` varchar(200) NOT NULL,
    `pub_date` datetime NOT NULL
)
;
CREATE TABLE `polls_choice` (
    `id` integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    `poll_id` integer NOT NULL,
    `choice` varchar(200) NOT NULL,
    `votes` integer NOT NULL
)
;
-- The following references should be added but depend on non-existent
tables:
-- ALTER TABLE `polls_choice` ADD CONSTRAINT poll_id_refs_id_5d896c23
FOREIGN KE
Y (`poll_id`) REFERENCES `polls_poll` (`id`);
COMMIT;

Notice the weird message at the bottom, 'polls_choice' does exist!

models.py:

class Poll(models.Model):

    question = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    pub_date = models.DateTimeField('date published')

    def __unicode__( self ) :
        return self.question

    def wasPublishedToday( self ) :
        return self.pub_date.date() == datetime.date.today()

class Choice(models.Model):

    poll = models.ForeignKey(Poll)
    choice = models.CharField(max_length=200)
    votes = models.IntegerField()

    def __unicode__( self ) :
        return self.choice

settings.py:

DATABASE_ENGINE = 'mysql'      # 'postgresql_psycopg2', 'postgresql',
'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
DATABASE_NAME = 'mysite'       # Or path to database file if using
sqlite3.
DATABASE_USER = 'root'         # Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_HOST = ''             # Set to empty string for localhost.
Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_PORT = ''             # Set to empty string for default. Not
used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_OPTIONS = {
    "init_command" : "SET storage_engine = INNODB",
}