I just stumbled upon strange behavior of django-0.96.1 and
postgresql-8.2 combo. Essentially, different versions of postgresql-8.2
client libraries (or server, I am not a PostgreSQL expert) used with
Django-0.96.1 ORM produce different results for lookups that use ILIKE
(eg. iexact, icontains). When the lookup value contain underscore
character, Django-0.96.1 ORM escapes underscore character in ILIKE
queries with double backslashes. This is accepted by some versions of
postgresql-8.2 with warning (but expected result is returned), and some
versions just do not return anything.

Is this fact known? Can anybody help me debug this issue and find the
culprit component that I have to fix/switch to another version?

--
Jarek Zgoda
Skype: jzgoda | GTalk: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | voice: +48228430101

"We read Knuth so you don't have to." (Tim Peters)