Hi,

I'm using the built in authentication of Django, so new users who
register go through the User model. I also have a custom UserProfile
model that links directly to the User model via a ForeignKey.

This is my completed UserProfile model:

########################
# File: people/models.py
########################
class UserProfile(models.Model):
        user = models.ForeignKey(User, unique=True)
        gender = models.CharField(maxlength=100, choices=GENDER_CHOICES,
blank=True)
        birthday = models.DateField(blank=True)
        living = models.ForeignKey(Locations, blank=True)
        friends = models.ManyToManyField(User, blank=True,
related_name='friend_set')
        avatar = models.ImageField(upload_to='photos/', blank=True,
null=True)
########################

The part I am having a slight problem with is the friends field. As
you can see it has a ManyToMany relationship with User, which is fine.
I can add add friends without any problems, but when it comes to
accessing the list of friends I'm having some problems seeing the
Avatar and Gender, which live within UserProfile.

This is how I am pulling out the data:

########################
# File: people/views.py
########################
def people_friends(request,u):
        user = UserProfile.objects.get(user=u)
        friends = user.friends.all()

        # Use the object list view for the heavy lifting
        return list_detail.object_list(
                request,
                queryset = friends,
                template_name = "people/people_by_user.html",
                template_object_name = "people"
        )
########################

And then in my template file I am printing them like this:

########################
# File: templates/people/people_by_user.html
########################
{% for people in people_list %}
{{ people.username }}
{{ people.avatar }}
{% endfor %}

As mentioned above, the problem is people.avatar doesn't print
anything. I tried people.userprofile.avatar but again, nothing
happens...

Any ideas? Do I need to setup a ManyToMany with an intermediary table
or something?

Cheers,
Chris