I'd like to be able access the individual radio buttons of a
ChoiceField using the RadioSelect widget directly from a template.
After quite a bit of searching, I don't think this is currently
possible with newforms but I was wondering if anyone knows of
something I missed.

An earlier workaround ([1], [2]) doesn't seem to work any longer since
as_widget() appears to return a string. (Based on the workaround I
presume as_widget() used to return an iterable object.)

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
- whiteinge

.. [1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/df7e0410fc27f988/9ab6ead8395783bc