> While building a blog type application, I seem to have stumbled upon a
> bug. In a nut shell all object attributes have become read only when I
> fetch the object from a query set which is fetched using the xxx_set()
> API.

Hi Chirayu,

Looks like the problem is not the FOO_set() manager, but setting
attributes on an object accessed via a QuerySet slice. Try putting
m[0] by itself into a variable, and then setting attributes on that
variable: it works. Directly setting attributes by using m[0].title =
XXX doesn't seem to stick, however.

x = m[0]
x.title = 'dfdf'
x.title # gets me u'dfdf'

A little weird, maybe someone else can explain exactly what's going
on. Presumably a QuerySet slice is somehow not being treated as the
object itself.

Eric