You could create a UserProfile that is essentially just a single
member with a selectable type.

Depending on the response, go grab that other profile for the user.

Wrap this in a function:

def getRealProfile(user):
  p = user.get_profile()
  if p.Type == 'a':
    return AProfile.objects.filter(user=user)[0]
  elif. ...

I don't really like this option too much though.

Ivan