On Jan 31, 2008 5:06 PM, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been reading up on user permissions and I have found that user
> permissions are on a per-model basis. My question: If I have a photo
> gallery application, and I have several uses who can post their
> galleries to this application. Is there a way to create permission on
> a per-user basis. Example maybe I created a gallery called 'The
> Rockies' but I only want Bob, Susan, and Tim to see it, Is this
> possible with the built in permissions? or would I have to create a
> table column similar to is_public = models.booleanField().

If all you're worrying about is the public display and/or non-admin
forms, it's fairly simple to do the necessary check in your own code
based on data stored in the model object. Depending on the exact
nature of the check, you might even be able to write a decorator to
handle it for you.

In the admin it's basically not possible right now, but will become
very easy in the not-too-distant future.