Okay,

Failing a response to that one must mean I'm asking for something that
is undoable... could anyone provide an easy way to accomplish this by
maybe extending the admin template or something?  I'm convinced
retrieving the data would be very simple, but is there a way to get it
to save as well?  Can you extend the form handler for an admin page?

Thanks again,
Aaron