On 2008-02-01 12:54:48 -0700, bobhaugen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Following http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/install/
>
> I'm stuck at the steps of setting up the symlinks to django.
> Step 3. ln -s `pwd`/django-trunk/django SITE-PACKAGES-DIR/django
> Step 4. ln -s `pwd`/django-trunk/django/bin/django-admin.py /usr/local/
> bin

Okay, to be honest, pretend you never read that. The bottom line is
that Django only needs to be in your PYTHONPATH. By default Python
already has its site-packages directory on the PYTHONPATH which is
where this stems from. You can define the PYTHONPATH at anytime. Once
it is there it is completely installed. You will want to get the
django-admin.py file into your PATH so that you can easily access it
with referencing it on the filesystem.

It is useful to have Django installed in site-packages if you don't
need to be switching between versions very often or it is a production
server, for example.

--
Brian Rosner
http://oebfare.com