Fixed my own problem :P turns out it was user error (go figure...)
/templates/admin/auth/user/change_form.html
did the trick...

Thanks anyway :)
Aaron

Aaron Fay wrote:
Hi list,

I have successfully extended a custom model's template following the instructions in the djangobook, but I tried to do the same with a built-in template (edit user form) by adding
{% extends "admin/change_form.html" %}

{% block form_top %}
{% endblock %}
to a file called change_form.html ... my custom profile template is
/templates/admin/test/myuserprofile/change_form.html
I *thought* since the url pattern was similar for the edit user page, I could just put the same form in another folder like one of these:
/templates/admin/test/auth/change_form.html
/templates/admin/test/auth/user/change_form.html
/templates/admin/test/user/change_form.html
/templates/admin/test/users/change_form.html  << i was guessing at this one

but none of those seem to work.  I checked the documentation (still looking...).  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Aaron