I'm writing a very simple django app for use on a learning project
that I would love to get some informed commentary on.  The app
basically helps users mark content objects that they would like to
watch, and sends out email updates to users whenever objects related
to the "watched objects" have been added.  Simple use cases include
"watching" a blog post for comments - or in the learning site I'm
building, "watching" a situation for metaphors that users have added.

I'm new to designing web applications and to django so if anyone was
feeling curious and helpful, feel free to take a look at the learning
project:

metaphorme.com

and at a wiki page I put up with code snippets describing my design
process and particulars in more detail.  There are some questions at
the end of the wiki, but feel free to edit away anywhere!  The wiki
address is:

http://asktheinternets.com/wiki/Django_notifications

Also, I'd like to mention that I do know about the approach on:

http://superjared.com/entry/comment-notification-django/

but somehow editing the __init__.py file didn't seem like a clean way
to do things.  An ultimate goal for me is to make this notifications
app portable and extensible ... looking forward to your thoughts and
comments!