Jonathan,

Thanks for your response.  I first tested the site in firefox and
konqueror and had no problems.  When using opera though I noticed it
wasn't requesting the page, as you had mentioned.  The browser cache
was set to check every 5 hours on document requests.  I changed it to
always and now I see the expected results.

Thanks