On 2/5/08, Manoj Govindan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Recently I tried using Sqlite instead of Postgres as the database
> engine for testing one of my django applications.
> My observations follow:
>
> 1) Tests ran significantly faster[1].

Under Sqlite tests run in an in-memory database, so this is perfectly
normal. Like you, I see about a 10x speedup running tests against
Sqlite.

> 4) I don't have any explanation for why some tests failed only in
> Windows.

That's... bad :( Can you please open a ticket
(http://code.djangoproject.com/simpleticket) with your trimmed-down
app and test case? That's the best way to ensure it gets looked at and
fixed.

> Also, is there a way to examine the data in an Sqlite test
> database[2] while running tests?

Set TEST_DATABASE_NAME to the path to the sqlite database you'd like
to create, then hit the breakpoint like you're doing with Postgres.
Setting TEST_DATABASE_NAME will force the test harness to create a
real database instead of running the tests in-memory.

You also might want to look at the "testserver" management comment:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/django-admin/#testserver-fixture-fixture

Jacob