Hey Brandon,

I have mine working on the same rig as you (looks like).  Here's a shot
in the dark:

<Location "/testproject/"> # << add forward slash
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonPath "['C:/django_projects/'] + sys.path" # << remove 'testproject'
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE testproject.settings
    PythonInterpreter testproject # << I don't have this line in my config,
maybe try commenting it out
    PythonDebug On
</Location>

I'm guessing your error comes from django looking for the settings
module in /django_projects/testproject/testproject/

Like I said, shot in the dark, but hth...
Aaron