On 2/8/08, coldpizza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And other related question: where it would be more logically correct
> to put this code? In URLConf as an parameter for the view, in a view
> of its own, or in a method bound to the Book model?

I wouldn't put it in a URLconf. URLconfs are supposed to be
"configuration", so putting logic there seems dirty (to me). From
there, though, it's a bit of a matter of taste: do you consider "books
by an author" to be model logic, or view logic?

For me, I'm usually guided by how I'll be using the query in question:
if it's designed to be accessed from non-view areas (template tags,
CLI scripts, etc.) I'll put it on the model, but if that particular
query is only used in some specific view, I'll leave it in the view.
Again, though, it's a matter of taste.

Jacob