Tim,

The django module just needs to be on the python path, which you can
set in the mod_python configuration.

So you could do something like:

/My Site
   /myproject
      <project files here>
   /site-packages
      /django
         <django source here>
      <other extra python packages>

Shouldn't be to difficult as long as you put both /My Site/myproject
and /site-packages on the python path.

Corey