I have a bunch of widgets that I access dynamically and they render
their own parts of a page.  I would like to give these widgets the
ability to use templates.  Furthermore, these are not installed apps,
so I do not have access to the
"django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source" loader
type.

So the widgets are like this:

project/
  |_widgets/
       |_widget1/
       |_widget2/

I initially decided to just make a templates directory in this
"widgets" folder where each widget could add its own folder of
templates -- sounds reasonable.

However, I'm curious about... What if I let these widgets put
templates directly in their own folders and I declare that project/
widgets is a template directory?  This seems a bit blasphemous, but
ideologies aside -- are there computational issues with this approach
(e.g. longer search for resolving templates, strange conflicts?)