Malcom is right, this has absolutely nothing to do with the {% for %} tag.

My guess is that your IE7 might be more restrictive on cookies and not allowing the server to create a session cookie. If your view code assumes that there is a session and you fetch "prize" from the session, then "prize" might simply be empty in IE.

--
David